You can export your references, which you can send to another user, without sharing a folder or project. You can also import these references in a different referencemanager.
How to export references:
You can share reference folders with specific RefWorks users and/or all other users within the Hanze University. You can also share a reference folder with somebody outside of the Hanze University, as long as they have a RefWorks account.
1. Click on the Share/Export icon.
2. Select the folder you want to share.
3. Add the emailadresses of the people you want to share the folder with one at the time, and adjust the permissions you want to give this person:
- Can read –> They can see the references, and can read documents.
- Can annotate –> They can see the references, and can read and annotate documents.
- Can modify –> They can see references, read/annotate documents, edit existing annotations, add and remove documents and notes.
4. If you want, you can send a message with the invitation.
5. Click on Share Collection.
The people you just invited will receive an email and a notification in RefWorks, which they can accept or decline. If somebody doesn't have RefWorks yet, they will be invited to make an account.
NB: if your shared folder has subfolders, those will be shared as well!
Check which folder you share with who
You can see right to the Folder name if you share that folder.
Select the Sharing Settings in to see and edit the Sharing Settings of that Folder.
In these Sharing Settings you can also:
Click on Create Public URL to receive a URL that people without RefWorks accounts can use to access the folder with references.
People accessing this public folder have permission to:
If you want to remove the public url:
It's possible to share Projects amongst RefWorks New users.
How to share a project:
For more information, check out RefWorks video on sharing references down below.